Waist Measurement Guide
You’ll find a tape measure in your Welcome Kit, which you’ll use to measure your waist circumference.
How to measure your waist circumference
Waist circumference (the measure of fat around your stomach), along with your lab results, will help us make sure the changes you’re making are improving your overall metabolic health in addition to promoting weight loss.
Specifically, waist circumference helps us to see that you’re losing belly fat. It’s unlikely you’ll notice major changes in your waist circumference in the first 3 months (even though you are losing internal fat around abdominal organs!), but the measurement is helpful to follow over the longer-term to see the program’s impact on this type of body fat.
Measure your waist circumference using the tape measure you received in your Welcome Kit before you meet with your Calibrate doctor.
- Stand with your feet close together, arms at your sides, and body weight evenly distributed.
- Place the tape measure around your middle at the widest part (make sure you’re measuring above your hips and below your ribs). As you lose weight, you should still measure halfway between the bottom of your ribs and the top of your hip bones, even if that’s no longer the widest part of your middle.
- Keep the tape snug around the waist but not compressing the skin.
- Exhale and measure your waist just after you breathe out.
- Record your first waist circumference before your first doctor appointment in the Calibrate app.
- When you open the app and see the screen that asks you to record your Baseline Metrics, tap Get Started to proceed.
- You will see a screen asking, “Was your Welcome Kit delivered?” Tap Yes if you have received it to proceed.
- Follow the in-app instructions to measure and record your waist measurement.
- Tap Save.
You’ll also record your waist circumference in the Calibrate app via written check-ins managed digitally at set milestones throughout your Metabolic Reset
ABOUT YOUR BIOMETRICS