Where do I have lab work done and what labs will be tested?
Below is a quick recap of the labs we require, as well as the labs that are optional but highly encouraged.
- Kidney function test (Cr/GFR) taken within the past 12-months
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) or fasting glucose test taken within the past 6 months
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test taken within the past 6-months
Optional, but recommended:
- Lipid panel (to check cholesterol levels)
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (to assess your baseline kidney and liver function)
- Fasting insulin test (to check for insulin resistance)
- High sensitivity C-reactive protein test (Hs-CRP, to evaluate inflammation)
If you’d prefer to do your labs at home through mail order lab testing services, the estimated cost is an additional $270. Home lab services are usually not covered by insurance but can be FSA / HSA eligible, depending on your coverage. Email our team if you want to talk more about your lab options.