Calibrate is a doctor-guided metabolic reset designed and supported by the leading experts in obesity treatment. Here are just a few of the ways Calibrate is different than other weight loss programs.
Our approach has the highest standard of care in obesity treatment
Research shows that GLP-1 medication combined with lifestyle intervention is the most effective weight approach to sustained weight loss. Unlike other programs, Calibrate's approach is fully holistic, setting you up for long term success. The Calibrate program includes personalized 1:1 coaching and and ongoing medical support to drive better results for members. In fact, Calibrate helps members achieve 15% average weight loss, sustained for two years.
Calibrate is based on GLP-1 medications only
Unlike other programs, Calibrate doctors will never prescribe dangerous stimulants like phentermine or Contrave. That's because GLP-1s are the safest and most effective for sustained weight loss.
Calibrate is flexible and sustainable
On Calibrate there are no sweeping restrictions or calorie counting. Together with your coach, you'll make small, gradual lifestyle changes that ladder up to big results that you can sustain long term. In fact 9 out of 10 Calibrate members agree that the lifestyle changes in the program were sustainable.
The Calibrate team is experts at driving weight loss with GLP-1 medications
Calibrate was the first program built around GLP-1s, and we've supported tens of thousands of members on their journey. With Calibrate you'll get access to doctors who specialize in GLP-1 care and a team of Insurance Navigation Experts who will help you access affordable GLP-1 medication.
Calibrate delivers results or your money back, with the data to back it up
We stand by our results, so much so that if you don't lose 10%+ of your body weight on Calibrate you're eligible for a refund (see terms here). We're the only program with a proven track record of results, backed by our clinically-reviewed Results Report showing 15% weight loss on average for members.
We navigate insurance on your behalf and are able to work with the vast majority of commercial/employer insurance plans in order to get cost effective access for your GLP-1 medication and coverage for your labs. Lab copays vary by plan. GLP-1s for most members with commercial insurance should be capped at $25 per month after any deductible is met. In the unlikely scenario that there is no path to a low-cost GLP-1 for you, you will be eligible for a refund (less a $250 fee for the initial doctor’s appointment). See terms here.
The cost of the Calibrate program is not covered by insurance, however it is HSA/FSA eligible.
Calibrate’s Programs are non-refundable except as described in this Refund Policy, which is subject to the Membership Terms & Conditions. Please note that although you can terminate your participation in a Program at any time by contacting email@example.com, you are only eligible for a refund as set forth below. This Refund Policy does not apply if you signed up for a Program through an employer. Please note that even if you are not eligible for a refund, our Results Money Back Promise may apply.
- If you want to cancel your Metabolic Reset within 72 hours of your purchase, you may request a full refund for the amount you paid using the instructions below.
- If you want to cancel more than 72 hours of your purchase, but before your initial doctor appointment and in any event not later than 45 days after your purchase, you may request a refund for the amount you paid, less a $200 fee to cover your account set up and our initial clinical coordination activities. If you fail to attend your initial doctor appointment within 45 days of your purchase, you are not entitled to a refund.
- If Calibrate is unable to help you secure initial access to a GLP-1 medication for a copay of $25/month or less (after any deductible is met) within 90 days of your initial doctor appointment, you may request a refund for the amount you paid less a $250 fee to cover your initial doctor’s appointment. Most members will receive GLP-1 medication in advance of the 90 day mark. If, however, there are no low-cost GLP-1 options available for you, then the Calibrate team will notify you via a message in the Support Channel of the Calibrate app. Once notified, you may either 1) request a refund and withdraw from Calibrate; or 2) stay in the Program without GLP-1 medication. If you stay in your Program without a GLP-1 medication then you may remain eligible for our Results Money Back Promise. You must notify Calibrate in writing by responding to the message sent to you in the Support Channel of the Calibrate App of your intention to pursue a refund within 7 business days of receiving a notification of no path to medication. If you do not notify Calibrate in this window, we expect you are continuing in the Program, and, as a result, you waive your right to a refund. If you choose to self-pay more than $25/month for GLP-1 medications, you waive your right to this medication coverage refund.
- If you have not lost at least 10% of your body weight by the end of your Calibrate Year and you meet the criteria for our Results Money Back Promise, you may request a refund, less the $250 fee for your initial doctor appointment. Read more about our Results Money Back Promise here.
Calibrate Masters Programs:
- All Calibrate Masters Programs are non-refundable.
Receiving a refund / Canceling your Program:
Calibrate Programs are not refundable, except as outlined above. If you qualify for a refund and wish to cancel your Calibrate Program, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Cancellation Request”.
If you paid for your Metabolic Reset by credit or debit card, we will credit your refund to the card used for payment within 10 business days of Calibrate confirming you are refund eligible. Calibrate will notify you of whether you are eligible for a refund by responding to your request.
If you paid via Affirm, Calibrate will submit your refund request to Affirm. Affirm is responsible to credit the amount of the refund and you should see the refund reflected in your loan balance on Affirm within 10 business days after we notify Affirm that you are refund eligible (more details on Affirm’s refund process here).
By accepting a refund, you are electing to withdraw from your Program.
For any questions about our membership options, reach out to us email@example.com. We’re in this together and will work with you to make sure you achieve real results.
Last updated: March 24, 2023
Previous versions of our Refund Policy:
Applicable for members who purchased a Program prior to March 24, 2023.
Applicable for members who purchased a Program prior to October 17, 2022.
At Calibrate we have a team of insurance navigation experts to help you access an initial GLP-1 medication prescription for $25/month or less (after any deductible is met). We’ve helped tens of thousands of members access affordable GLP-1s. However, in the unlikely scenario that there is no path to a low-cost GLP-1 for you, you will be eligible for a refund (less a $250 fee for the initial doctor’s appointment). You will be eligible for this refund after 90 days from your doctor’s appointment – the full period of time it may take our team to explore all GLP-1 options for you (though the vast majority of members will get access sooner). See more details in our Refund Policy here.
We’ll never restrict your diet. Instead, we’ll help you rebalance it. Calibrate's approach to food is flexible and works with nearly all dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, kosher, vegan, and lactose-free (to name just a few). We strive to help you establish a sustainable and flexible approach to nutrition that focuses on minimizing fast-digesting carbs and making healthier choices that include protein, fiber, and healthy fats—without restricting or counting calories.
Importantly, the Calibrate food program is not a diet: we do not use meal replacements or offer meal plans. We don’t try to restrict your eating: instead, we help you rebalance it. For breakfast, you might have avocado and eggs or berries and yogurt. For lunch or dinner, you could prepare a grain bowl with roasted veggies and chicken, or a slow-cooker meal. You can see Calibrate Food Expert Stephanie Middleberg, RD’s favorite recipes for inspiration here.
The food program at Calibrate creates a healthy, sustainable way of eating that promotes weight loss and sets you up for long-term health. Through our nutrition curriculum classes, the support of your accountability coaching team, and the guidance of your medical team, you’ll learn how to build healthier food habits into the life you’re already living.
If you are enrolled in Calibrate through your employer, your program design may differ. Please visit the registration page you used to join Calibrate for information specific to your program.
You can pause the Metabolic Reset for up to 90 days once during your membership by writing into the Support Channel on the Calibrate app. When you are ready to resume your membership (at any point in the 90-day period), you will be able to rejoin for the remaining duration of your membership. Alternatively, you may exit the program without a refund. If you paid via Affirm, your payments will not be suspended during your pause. Members who pause are ineligible for the Results Money Back Promise.
Read our full Membership Terms & Conditions for more information about our membership.